Business Analysis is the practice of asserting change in an organizational context by identifying business problems and defining business needs, and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders. Business Analysis combines knowledge and skills to contribute to the organization’s strategy, revenue, margin, offerings, and other aspects. BAs are change facilitators who help businesses grow.
What makes a certification valuable, and why should you consider getting a business analyst certification
A Business Analyst must be certified to succeed in his career. According to annual IIBA salary surveys and market research, certified business analysts make more than BAs who are non-certified ones. In addition to a higher salary, BA certifications can make business analysts stand out and prove their competence in the industry. It also helps increase overall performance and eliminate uncertainty, opening new job opportunities and markets. In addition, BA certifications give certified business analysts a more comprehensive understanding of BA approaches and techniques. This certification also shows dedication as it is hard work to prepare and pass the exam.
There are many certificates that Business Analysts can earn. However, they differ in terms of acceptability, qualifications, fees, and cost. These are some of the most sought-after Business Analysis Certifications on the market.
Business Analysis Certifications for Beginners
Broad knowledge of business analysis techniques and tasks is essential for anyone who wants to enter the field of business analysis. Therefore, a training program is required to obtain the following certifications. These certifications will provide a solid foundation for your BA career and help you prove your worth to potential employers.
- ECBA from IIBA– The Entry Certificate in Business Analysis is the best certification for anyone who wants to enter the field. ECBA certification is for individuals who wish to improve their business analysis knowledge, skills, and behavior.
- CPRE–FL Certification from IREB– This certification is for people who work in requirements engineering (RE), business analysis, and testing. The certification has lifetime validity and covers all fundamentals of Requirements Engineering, including methodology and available techniques.
- BCS– The BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis provides foundational knowledge in strategic analysis, business systems, process modeling, and business case development, all of which are essential for entry-level business analysis.
Certifications in Business Analysis for Mid-level Professionals
Professionals with a few years of experience in the business analysis field and those with a solid understanding of technology can get certified with the following certifications for a rewarding career.
- CCBA by IIBA– The Certification of Capability in Business Analysis is the 2nd level of professional certifications offered by IIBA to business analysts who have had a minimum of 2-3 years of experience. The BA industry highly values this certification because it highlights your work experience, competencies, personal growth, and current knowledge about industry developments and trends.
- CPRE–AL Certification from IREB– CPRE-AL stands for Mastering and using techniques and methods. The prerequisite for becoming certified with this is having obtained the certificate of the previous level (CPRE-FL). You have four options for advanced certification: Requirements Elicitation, Requirements Modelling, Requirements Management, and RE@Agile.
- AAC from IIBA– IIBA Agile Analysis Certification (AAC) is the first Agile Certification offered by IIBA. This exam does not have any eligibility experience requirements or other prerequisites. IIBA recommends this exam for BA professionals with at least two- or three years of experience in Agile-related work.
- CBDA from IIBA– This level 2 certification is for people with at least two years of BA experience and a solid understanding of core BA skills. This certification helps identify business data analyst professionals to organizations looking for these in-demand skills.
Certification in Business Analysis for Senior Professionals
As they grow, business analysts become more competent in their jobs. Therefore, the BA should also be certified and trained in business analysis.
- CBAP from IIBA– Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is the third-level professional certification from IIBA. CBAP is the most sought-after certification in the corporate world for senior business analysts looking to boost their careers.
- The PMI-PBA certification is for business analysts who work with projects or programs or project and program managers interested in analytics. This certification is focused on business analysis training using hands-on projects and testing of business analysis tools, principles, and fundamentals.
CPRE-EL Certification from IREB– This is an expert-level certification that comprises practical experience and extensive knowledge and experience in Requirements Engineering. The prerequisite for CPRE-EL certification is having obtained the previous level certification (CPRE-AL)
If you want to advance in your BA career or switch to a BA career from another job, these globally recognized certifications will give you a solid foundation and help you prove your mettle. It is highly recommended that you receive guidance and training from qualified BA coaches with good BA experience and proven methods.