How Is Blended Learning the Future of Education System?
Many might think that blended learning is an alternative to serve the uncertain educational environment in today’s world. But is it going to the future? The hybrid teaching post-pandemic has taught what blending learning and its benefits are. The advancement in digital education through web conferencing, eBooks, games and videos is a great approach to learning.
Let us discuss how it impacts today’s students in this article. CBSE schools in Chennai, like Babaji Vidhyashram school for instance, deliver personalized blended teaching.
Key Strategies for Facilitating Blended Training
Blended training varies along a few major spectrums. It falls in between traditional and online classrooms. It also permits customizations according to the needs of an individual.
Synchronous & Asynchronous
In a blended training, few teaching methodologies allow everyone to participate simultaneously at the same time. There are few other training methods wherein the students need not adhere to a particular time. The first one is synchronous, and the latter is called asynchronous. Participation also plays a role in learning as certain types of learning has to be done in groups.
Instructor-led & Self-paced Training
Instructor-led training is useful when the topic is complex and requires in-depth explanations. It is taught with an expert’s help to solve doubts. On the contrary, self-paced training is done independently.
It is highly impossible to perform any training without technology in today’s world. An online classroom uses technology extensively in the form of electronic books, virtual lab and VoIP. In contrast, a physical classroom need not rely much on technology.
Advantages of Blended Learning
Effectiveness & Efficiency
Research states that blended learning enhances effectiveness and efficiency in learning various subjects. Furthermore, it has improved the learning experience and proven potential for everyone following it. With a good strategy, it is possible to deliver the entire training quickly to a huge audience. It is considered efficient because anybody can re-use the created videos, eBooks and recordings.
By hosting events online, the travel costs of both the student and teacher are eliminated. Furthermore, a blended learning strategy saves the organization’s maintenance money. Blended learning also eliminates the need of using stationery, books and materialistic things used in a conventional way of teaching.
Blended learning techniques will offer great flexibility in any topic. If the content is complex, it can be taught through a physical classroom. On the other hand, if it is simple, it can be presented through any online medium. A blended learning approach can be devised based on the convenience of the teacher and the student.
A well-executed blended learning solution will easily create a flawless transition from classroom to computer. Any learning done without personalizing the subjects or matter to a specific person’s interest might lead to an unsuccessful learning experience.Blended learning solves this issue.
As a blended teaching method is mostly digitized, it can reach out to more people within a short duration. The same quality of content is made available to everyone. As a result, teachers can conduct more number of training sessions.
Various mediums and techniques are used in a blended learning method. Hence, it covers a lot of learning styles.
Why is Blended Learning Essential?
Besides all the benefits blended learning offers, there are other extraordinary gains as well:
- Introverts or students with challenges like ASD, sensitivity to noise, and physical disabilities can learn better through blended learning.
- Develops various technological soft skills like learning to operate YouTube, compose email, work on word documents, create PowerPoint presentations, etc., at a very early stage.
- Parents become a part of their child’s learning journey. Online learning lets them understand their ward’s performance and visually witness their academic progress.
- Boosts engagement through various digital activities like worksheets and presentations.
- Creates a safe environment for children who have health complications. Many students in the pandemic do not want to risk going outdoors, fearing COVID transmission.
- Works great for children who cannot stick to a schedule or have other activities to participate in. A blended learning model will let them access their study materials wherever they have internet access.
- Does not stick to a definite schedule and is flexible. Therefore, it provides a lot of free time for kids to learn various other extracurricular activities effectively.
Blended learning helps classmates to see each other and interact through face-to-face teaching methods. It does not replace the classroom with technology. It enhances the sense of oneness through a physical classroom. Thus, blended learning leverage its advantages without excess screen time and isolation. In simple words, it makes the best of both worlds.