Social Media Usage Statistics for Digital Marketers in 2022
Do you know that, on average, 11 new users sign-up daily on social networking sites? We can affirm that social media is now an everyday thing for many people across the globe. Due to the massive number of users using digital media over the past couple of years, it’s more vital than ever to make sure that you have a solid presence on the internet. The most effective method of understanding the strategy you decide to take for your social media accounts is to keep track of the statistics for each year for social media. Let’s examine the statistics more thoroughly.
What is the number of people who use Facebook and other Social Media?
More than 4.5 billion people worldwide are online, and more than 3.8 billion are using another social network. How do you sort through the 3.8 billion people who use social media to identify your ideal customers? Examining every social media website will assist you in determining the best location to focus your efforts.
Facebook is the most widely-used platform, boasting a user base of around 60% of Internet users. This vast reach gives you numerous ways to promote your business using the Facebook Page and advertisements. Facebook Advertising is a great way to advertise B2C and B2B. It has a vast array of advertising options, targeting options, and measurement options customised to virtually every marketing tactic. Take a look at the following information between 2020 and 2021.
- 2.89 billion monthly active users. (Statistica)
- The majority of marketers use Facebook to advertise their brand’s projects. (Sprout Social)
- The majority of advertisers make use of Facebook ads. (Emarketer)
- 77% of people believe they prefer to buy from a brand they trust via your social networks rather than ones they don’t. (Sprout Social)
- Over 200 million small-scale businesses across the globe use Facebook Page. (Oberlo)
- The majority of Facebook users are younger than 35. (Statistica)
- 98.3 percent (of all actively) Facebook users have accessed the social media website via phones. (Statistica)
- The amount of time used by Facebook users every month is 19.5 minutes. (Oberlo)
- Decision-makers in business spend 74 percent greater time using Facebook when compared to the rest of us. (Medium)
Instagram could be the most well-known social media platform because of its frequent updates and a continuous stream of continually updated functions. In the first quarter of 2019, Instagram was testing the new design of its screen IGTV in conjunction with Instagram Stories, a “like hiding” feature available to users from America. The U.S. and the “Reels” feature works similarly to TikTok. With the constant effort to keep up with the latest technology, it’s not shocking to learn that Instagram has seen a significant increase both in engagement and the number of users.
- more than one billion active monthly users. That’s a 42.86 percent increase over 2017, which reached 700 million. (Statistica)
- 90% of Instagram users conduct business on Instagram, the social networking site. (Instagram)
- A typical post on Instagram includes 10.7 hashtags. (Oberlo)
- 71% of Facebook users are younger than 35. (Statistica)
- more than 500 million people use Instagram stories throughout the day. (Sprout Social)
- The mean participation rate of 1.22 percent across all sectors. (Sprout Social)
- The majority of Instagram users believe that Instagram posts are the most effective marketing method for people with influence. (Marketing Charts)
- 70-70% of U.S. companies utilize Instagram. (Oberlo)
Twitter is proud of its status as the best platform for information and sharing recent developments and news. In reality, tweets are capable of lasting between 18 to 24 minutes. This means that tweets are given the most focus in the first thirty minutes after being posted.
Twitter is also one of the most used tools to provide customer service. Digital marketing companies encourage clients to contact them for assistance with their issues or express their questions. The most frequent service response is available 24 hours. Twitter provides a wide variety of options to improve the satisfaction of your customers and your company. What additional benefits does Twitter offer?
- One hundred forty-five million active users per day. (Twitter)
- 500 Million tweets are sent out every day. There are 6,000 tweets published in seconds. (David Sayce)
- The majority of Twitter’s users are American twenty. (Statistica)
- The users of HTML0 are three times more likely to see ads through the site than any other similar platform. (Hootsuite)
- 77% of Twitter users feel more confident in the brand’s image when their tweets get answered. (Brand Watch)
- Brands send a minimum of 0.86 tweets each day. They’re engaged on average by 0.048 percent. (Sprout Social)
- 38% of 18-29-year olds living in the U.S. use Twitter. (Statistica)
- Twelve percent of Americans consume their news via Twitter. (Journalism)
- Tweets that include hashtags get more engagement, with up to 100. (Sendible)
LinkedIn was initially an employment site; however, it quickly became an official social network that allows users to learn more about what they are about. LinkedIn is an effective platform to promote content specifically for B2B businesses. LinkedIn offers specific ways to advertise to your clients, including the name of your job and an industry-leading lead generation process that is more effective than other social media platforms. Most respondents believe LinkedIn generates around 1-2 times more leads than the other Social Media platform. Look over the following data.
- The service currently has about 700 million users who are using the service. (Linkedin)
- Thirty million companies have registered with LinkedIn. (Hootsuite)
- Around 50% of advertisers have gained clients via this platform. (Sprout Social)
- The majority of B2B businesses use LinkedIn’s paid ads to draw in clients. (Neil Patel)
- 90% of content marketers use LinkedIn to promote natural advertisements that promote the content. ( Content Marketing Institute)
- A large majority (61 percent) of users are between 25 and 34. (Statistica)
- Smartphones generate about 57 percent of all traffic. (Tech Jury)
- Employees of the company drive most of an organization’s participation with LinkedIn. (Linkedin)
- Four of five members of Linkedin are major users using Linkedin. ( The Influencer Marketing Hub)
Although LinkedIn ranks among the most known B2B social media platforms, the strength of Pinterest lies in its B2C segment. Sixty-four percent of users view Pinterest as a platform to gain insight into ideas, products and services, and concepts they are confident in. More statistics are listed below:
- The site has over 300 million active users. (Pinterest)
- Seventy percent (71 percent) (71%) of Pinterest people are women. (macrotrends)
- Seventy-seven percent of all daily users have come across an innovative product or brand through social media. (Pinterest)
- 98% of people have shown an interest in new products they discover through Pinterest. (Sprout Social)
- Eighty-three percent of active users have bought something because of the content they found via Pinterest. (Hootsuite)
- The median age of users is 40. However, most of the users are younger than forty. (Statistica)
- Twenty-eight percent of marketing professionals use Pinterest. (Oberlo)
- 98% of people use Pinterest to decide what products they’d like to buy. (Pinterest)
- The majority of customers have purchased products via the pins that were advertised. (Sprout Social)
The Benefits of Social Media Statistics
Statistics on social media usage is helpful to develop a strategy to market through Social media. Statistics will provide information about what users are doing, what platforms they’re on, the kind of content they’re converting into, and what topics they’re interested in. This is why they’re an ideal starting point for anyone who wants to increase or expand an audience for their social media marketing company. You can make your posts more specific according to the target people you want to reach.
Regarding your clients, information on social media may provide you with a peek into your customers’ way. This could include information on gender or age and more specific details like job titles and hobbies. This information can be crucial when deciding the best way to convey the message.
The importance of Social Media Marketing
With an increasing number of users of web-based platforms, it’s surprising that using social media for marketing has become an integral element of a digital strategy for marketing. Social media can be a means by which companies can use low-cost marketing, connect with their targeted customers, and increase confidence in their customers.
This site has witnessed increased traffic.
When you share content on your social media platforms by providing people with an incentive to visit your site, this is the reason why you must make a range specific to the people you wish to connect with. Publishing blog posts that address questions or offer insights on the problems your customers encounter could result in people clicking through to the post and ultimately turning into leads on your site.
Establish Relations with your target audience
A business with an excellent connection with its customers will boost its profits by a substantial sum. When you establish a relationship with your target audience and your clients, you’re informing them about the operations of your business and creating confidence in your industry. Engaging your customers through responding to comments, feedback, or mentions is possible. Social media platforms are a great way to display positive feedback from your customers.
Tell Your Story
Behind every successful business is a compelling tale. The stories draw people. People who don’t know about your business might find your company more fascinating when they know your business’s mission and motives behind it. They’ll be capable of connecting to your tale personally and making your business better known and likely to win their confidence.
Increase Brand Recognition
Social media is the most effective method of increasing branding visibility. This is done by creating engaging content that continually displays your brand’s identity. The goal is to attract the attention of prospective buyers who are looking to purchase and keep your name in people’s minds. This requires efforts to produce engaging and attractive content regularly.
Social Media Strategy
Suppose you’ve heard about these statistics and want to be involved in the excitement. If that’s the point, then you’re in the correct spot! Based on your objectives, we analyze social media and other marketing channels on the internet to find the most effective strategy for you. If you’re curious about learning more about this, then get in touch with us today!
13 LinkedIn Marketing Tips for More Visibility
How we can improve search engine optimization- backlink building
How to Create Multiple YouTube Channels with One Google Account
What Is SMO and How Is It Different From SEO?