Do you know about one of the best trading platforms? Since its introduction back in 2005, the MetaTrader 4 platform Australia has held its ground. Being simple and straightforward, most traders find it suitable for their trading needs. However, as they say, there is always room for improvement; this platform has also undergone its fifth-generation changes!
The new features are changing the way traders look at the MT4 platform. So, what are these features, and how do they improve the trading experience? Let’s find out.
1. Exchange Trading
One of the top fifth-generation trading features of the MT4 platform in Australia is that it goes beyond Forex symbols. Meaning you can also exchange instruments. This includes the real volumes of sales and order values.
Even manual trading in the depth market is possible, and strategies can be devised based on the liquidity and order book. Fundamental traders are also given the Economic Calendar feature, which provides the summary for each indicator.
The chart directly displays the event schedule. This Economic Calendar is especially helpful in monitoring and analysing changes directly from MQL5 programs.
2. 20x the Program Speed
The execution time taken on platforms such as MQL4, MQL5, and C++ shows that MQL5 wins against its MQL4 counterpart. In fact, the former’s speed can be compared to that of C++ applications.
However, it is not just the 20x speed factor that makes MQL5 features so exciting. Given that asynchronous operations may have an execution timing of less than a millisecond, it is safe to assume that the MQL5 of MetaTrader 4 platform Australia offers algorithmic trading features.
The fifth-generation trading platform requires no third-party connections for protocol exchanges. This was something that previously only professional traders had access to. Finally, simply having a VPS near the trading server is enough to trade directly from the terminal without the need to place it close to a broker.
As a result, you enjoy low network costs and better market depth refresh rates.
3. MQL5 Cloud Network and Multi-threaded Strategy at Play
Speaking of algorithmic trading, the fifth-generation platform has much to offer in testing and optimising strategies. The new tester offers the following benefits –
- You can quickly test multi-asset strategies simultaneously. At the same time, the entire trading history will be automatically downloaded from the trade server. Plus, by accurately assessing the trading environment, you can test arbitrage strategies and other similar systems that require synchronisation.
- Through instant ticks, you can develop strategies based on sudden price changes. This is because the new platform allows ticks to be reproduced within milliseconds.
- Even with the local PC, multi-threaded core optimisation can be done. In case you need a higher speed, you can connect to the MQL5 network. That way, calculations worth thousands of hours can be derived in less than 30 minutes.
- A lot of professional traders have faced the difficulty of analysing and drawing insights from the obtained data. Thankfully, the fifth-generation platform simplifies this process by creating advanced reports and visual representation. A graph is provided, which can easily be zoomed in or out. This offers a complete and detailed picture of the optimisation results.
Are you excited to make the most of the new trading features of the MetaTrader 4 platform Australia? If you’re wondering about the most popular forex brokers in Australia, as registered with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), here’s a list to get you started.
Choose a reliable broker based on your trading needs and start your forex trading journey today!